Tuesday, October 28, 2008

SOCCOR MOM??!!

ok. so I took on a babysitting job that started saterday morning and ends tonight when their parents get home... Remember, I'm twenty ok.... so the kids i am watching are 16, 12, and 8...

Crazy right? how can she do this you ask? well.... With a lot a work....

Saturday morning I picked up all three children, from different locations, and proceed to drive to Salt Lake City for the youngests' soccer game (or football wherever you are from).

Now for those of you who know me, you know that I never ever drive to the city... I hate the traffic and the people... But I did it... with three kids in my new car... And I didn't even get lost... that badly...

Then I brought the kids back to thier house, which is in PC... and got the youngest ready for her birthday party that night.

Now, this party was a scary costume party, so I had to get her dressed up... Vampire style... white face, black eyes the works. I thought I did a dang good job of it...

So then the next day I shuffle around the kids from more birthday parties to friends houses' and so much more (including carving pumpkins). I swear I barely sat down before I thought "hm, maybe I should do these dishes or clean up this room so when the parents get back I won't have to kill myself to clean it all..."

Well, I know that it is like to be mom... cleaning up constantly and driving kids everywhere...

So Monday morning I had to make lunches for both the younger kids, and then I scutted off to school myself. I get out of class, and head back up to clean the house, again... (I'll never be a super mom...)

I managed to get the kids to do thier homework, a feet in itself thank you very much, and got them off to bed without too many problems... other than Tag, the 12 yr old, had a stomach ache and kept me up till twelve... I think that was sunday night though...

so this morning, again, make lunches, make breakfast, make sure everyone gets off to the bus on time, without forgetting anything... and Then I head to work.

Work is great, busy but amazingly appealing to me for some reason... midday I get a phone call from Tag saying he's sick...

So this is where i become a true mom, because i left work to pick him up and bring him home. I felt so bad, like we weren't that busy at work, but i've never had to leave work for any reason, so I felt uncomfortable doing it then...

I'm never going to be a mom if this is how it is... maybe one or two kids down the road a long way, but deffinately not now.... i would die of all the stress and exhustion that is overwhelming me as we speak.

I can't even sleep tonight when i do get home because i've got to study for a history test that i haven't even opened the book to... SAVE ME!!!!!!! the test is my first class at seven... gross!!! goodbye sleep! Goodbye sanity!!!!!!! Wish me luck, cause i'm going to need it to retain any information to pass this quiz tomorrow....

No comments: