Monday, October 6, 2008

My Redneck Birthday Weekend

Now some of you may be wondering what the hell I was thinking... well, to tell you the honest truth I had a blast. We headed out Friday afternoon to Soapstone up above Kamas. Well, for those of you who didn' know, this last weekend was the opening of the elk season. So hundreds of hunters where camping the same place we were.

So we get up there, and I put batteries in my friends camera (I had forgotten mine, and my friend lived in Kamas so it was easier to get it from her). Well, you turn on the camera, and nothing happens... even with brand new batteries... so i'm sitting here thinking great. here are the most beautiful fall colored leaves, and I have no camera... So sadly I took pictures on my phone. but it worked... kinda...

So it rains Friday night and all day Saturday (yes I know you know it rained), Well Saturday night, for my birthday, Bill, my boyfriend of over two years, makes me dinner. Steak, sate'd mushrooms and such... Well, what made it even cuter was that he made it into a candle lit dinner. Now, i'll remind you we are in a camper, on the mountain, and it's raining and cold outside... Very redneck, but oh so cute! so after dinner, which we had romantic music playing the hole time, Bill asks me to dance in our cute little camper... I made the mood when i knocked down the table... Miss Congeniality here (yes spelling is bad). but the night was so perfect that it didn't matter.

On Sunday, I made Bill promise we would go fourwheeling. Well, i didn't realize what i was asking for. So we get into our warm cloths, cause it's snowing now, and our orange vests (because it's hunting season) and get on the "big bear." And went mud bogging for two hours or more. can't really tell you how long. all i know is that when we got back to the camper i was covered in mud to my knees and up to my elbows. don't ask how...

the funniest part of the weekend was when i was trying to get off Big Bear. Since I was on the back and Bill was driving, I was basically holding on with my thighs. So when i try to get off of the fourwheeler I can't move. I can't even lift my leg. I felt like I had been riding a horse all day long... it hurt!

But it was the most fun in a weekend that i've ever had. Redneck or not, that was my best birthday ever...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

redneck perhaps, but funny and intelligent as well!